We have customized our start-to-finish program in five simple steps. At every step along the way, you will experience the warmth and community our school has fostered for nearly a century. Our class sizes are limited to a low teacher-to-student ratio as part of our personalized, enhanced learning program so timeliness in your application submission is critical to the review process.
What To Know Before You Apply
Priority for admission will be given in the following order:
- Families with children currently enrolled and in good standing with St. James Cathedral School.
- Active parishioners of St. James Cathedral Church. The rector will determine which families are active; factors which the pastor may consider include:
- Regular attendance at Mass
- Use of the envelope system to confirm weekly attendance
- Involvement in parish ministry (for example: lector, usher, Eucharistic Minister, special parish projects, etc.)
- Registered for at least six months
- Families from neighboring parishes who present a letter from their pastor stating that they are active parishioners.
- General community members.
Other Important Consideration:
Preschoolers: Children must be toilet trained and three years of age by September 1st of the school year for which the child will be enrolled. Click here for Immunization Requirements.
New Students: All new students must submit transcripts, the most current report cards, achievement tests, any other educational testing which has a bearing on the child’s educational success. New students may also participate in a personal interview, screening, and/or assessment.
Current Students: All current students must re-register by January 31st every year as all available slots will begin to be filled after this date. In the event we are at capacity, we will be happy to place you on a waiting list based on date of completed registration.