5 EASY STEPS
Our application and enrollment process is online to make it easy to complete on your schedule. At every step along the way, you will experience the warmth and community our school has fostered for over 90 years. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Admissions Department with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.841.4432 ext. 102.
What To Know Before You Apply
Priority for admission will be given in the following order:
All families wishing to enroll students in SJCS are assigned an initial priority based upon prescribed criteria. The priority is finalized after verification of parish records, if applicable. Priorities are listed below in decreasing order of acceptance:
1. Families with children enrolled in SJCS and in good standing with our school.
2. Active parishioners of St. James Cathedral Church.
The rector determines which families are active. Factors which he may consider include: a. regular attendance at Mass, b. use of the envelope system to confirm weekly attendance, c. involvement in parish ministry (i.e. lector, usher, Eucharistic Minister, special parish projects, etc.), d. registered in the St. James Cathedral Church for at least six (6) months.
3. Families of neighboring Catholic parishes who have been approved by their pastors as supporting members of their parishes.
4. All others by date of application.
• Pre-K3 applicants must be 3 years old on or before September 1st and potty trained.
• Pre-K4 applicants must be 4 years old on or before September 1st.
• Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old on or before September 1st.
• 1st grade applicants must be 6 years old on or before September 1st and have successfully completed a Kindergarten program.
Required Application Information
Copy of the following when/if applicable:
• Birth certificate
• Most recent report card
• Final report card from previous school year
• Most recent standardized test results
• VPK testing (incoming K students only)
• Diagnostic educational or psychoeducational testing results and documentation
Required Enrollment Information
Copy of the following:
• Baptismal certificate (Catholics only)
• Student physical examination HRS 3040
• Florida Certification of Immunization HRS 680