Continuity of Learning Plan
In the event of an extended school closure, St. James Cathedral School (SJCS) will enact the Continuity of Learning Plan (linked below) as a means of providing clarity for all stakeholders – faculty, staff, students, and families. The mission of St. James Cathedral School remains the same whether we are on campus together or remotely connected; we are committed to both academic excellence and spiritual enrichment. It is important to acknowledge that our nation is in the middle of a crisis and each person (and every family) is affected uniquely and is experiencing and processing the reality differently. Thus, we are educating students in a time of crisis, making it especially vital, now more than ever, that our Distance Learning approach be through a lens of compassion and understanding. Our goal is to continue to provide academic and spiritual instruction during Distance (Virtual) Learning so that our Panther students may continue to grow in their understanding and knowledge, and their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Important to Note
- All policies, regulations, and procedures contained within the Parent & Student Handbook still govern during Distance (Virtual) Learning unless they are not applicable due to the nature of remote learning. Please reference the document on the RenWeb Family Portal
- For the privacy and safety of our SJCS students and teachers, parents or students are not permitted to alter, re-post, or share any video posted by an SJCS teacher or staff member. All videos created as part of our Distance (Virtual) Learning program are deemed the property of St. James Cathedral School and are only available to the intended audiences within our SJCS community.
**If you are a prospective family — welcome! Our school campus is now back open and it would be our honor to meet you in person or virtually for a tour. Click here to visit our Admissions page.**
- 6/09/20- Message from Mr. Henry Fortier, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, regarding Orlando Diocese Catholic Schools Opening in August & a Parent Survey
- 5/26/20- Message from Mr. Henry Fortier, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, regarding task force to prepare for the 2020-2021 School Year
- 4/20/20 – Florida Catholic interview with Mr. Henry Fortier, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, regarding conlcluding the year remotely
- 4/18/20 – Message from Mr. Henry Fortier, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, shared by Principal Hartmann:
This afternoon Governor DeSantis announced that schools will remain closed for the remainder of the academic year. We, the Diocese of Orlando schools, will follow that same directive which is what we have been planning for since our first parent announcement on February 28, 2020. Although this is not the optimal situation, our teacher have been doing a phenomenal job and will continue to do so as we finish the school year. St. James Cathedral School along with the schools in the Diocese of Orlando and the state of Florida, will keep our facilities closed and will continue with digital learning. We will seek out a variety of options for end of the school year events. Thank you for your continued support of SJCS and Catholic education.
- 3/31/20 – Message from Principal Hartmann, including changes to calendar with respect to Holy Week and Easter Monday
- 3/19/20 – Message from Dr. Henry Fortier, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, extended spring break and distance learning to commence March 30th