Advisory Board Application
Member Qualifications & Criteria
In upholding the commitment of our Advisory Board, all members go through an application and review process. Please take a moment to consider the commitments needed to fulfill the role of an Advisory Board member.
School Advisory Board Member Criteria
- Committed to attend monthly meetings as well as the August workshop
- Have a true commitment to Catholic school education and to the mission and philosophy of St. James Cathedral School.
- Be available to attend monthly meetings, and periodic in-service programs, and to participate in committee work.
- Maintain high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Have the ability to deal with situations as they relate to the good of the entire school community.
- Be a credible witness to the Catholic faith (or one’s own religion) to the school community and beyond.
- A willingness to give the time to serve conscientiously
- A willingness to attend board functions regularly
- The highest level of honesty, integrity, and prudence and confidentiality
- Ability to act without bias toward faculty and other employees of the school
- An inquiring mind – open to both sides of an issue
- The courage to face unpleasant takes and decisions
- Ability to be very objective and free of personal, and financial or operational interest in the school
- Willingness to disclose any existing or potential conflicts of interest
- A commitment to the importance of service to the civic community
- A depth of experience with general management problems
- A position of respect in the community
- The ability to influence public opinion favorably in areas of importance to a school
- A willingness to learn while preparing for and serving as a board member
- A demonstrated professional competence and ability in his/her chosen field
- A commitment to understand and support the mission of the school
- A commitment to support the teachings of the Church on education and directives of the Diocese of Orlando