We have customized our start-to-finish program in five simple steps. At every step along the way, you will experience the warmth and community our school has fostered for over 80 years. Our class sizes are limited to a low teacher-to-student ratio as part of our personalized, enhanced learning program so timeliness in your application submission is critical to the review process.
What To Know Before You Apply
Admission selection for students is based on the following six prioritized categories:
- Your child must be five years of age on or before September 1st of the school year for which the child will be enrolled in Kindergarten.
- Potential students must be developmentally and academically ready for their desired grade placement.
- Currently enrolled students in good standing at St. James Cathedral School.
- Active and supportive parishioners of St. James Cathedral Church.
- Active and supportive parishioners in their respective neighboring parishes.
- Members of other religious denominations and non-active parishioners of St. James Cathedral Church.
Other Important Consideration:
Preschoolers: Admission for pre-schoolers is determined in accordance with the same policies. Children must be toilet trained and three years of age by September 1st of the school year for which the child will be enrolled. Click here for Immunization Requirements.
New Students: All new students must submit transcripts, the most current report cards, achievement tests, any other educational testing which has a bearing on the child’s educational success. New students will also participate in a personal interview and/or screening.
Current Students: All current students must re-register by January 31st every year as all available slots will begin to be filled after this date. In the event we are at capacity, we will be happy to place you on a waiting list based on date of completed registration.